Saturday, March 6, 2010

Wine Fridays

Anyone who is a fan of The Wine Shop at The Acorn on facebook and twitter has surely heard tale of Wine Fridays. Well I'm here to give you the inside scoop on just what goes down with Becky and I on those incredibly exciting days.

But first, everyone always asks me HOW I pick everything in the shop. I pride myself on the selection of wines under $20 and love that my shop almost always has the most up-to-date beers I can. I created a mix-n-match table in the shop, so you can come in and get a 6-pk of all different beers, allowing you to try the newest and "hoppiest."

How do I FIND all these things? It's a chore, I won't lie. I spend hours a week reading, researching, and scouring websites like
Beer Advocate. But I owe a lot of my amazing inventory to one, special, incredibly wonderful day...Wine Fridays.

On Fridays, from around the hours of 12 and 4, our distributors and sales reps come into the shop for Becky and I to taste things. Sometimes wines, sometimes beers, sometimes both. It has become a ritual for Becky and I, and any other people who happen to be at the theater on Fridays (you know who you are) and, well, we love it. Don't get me wrong--not everything tastes good. My oh my the stories we could tell... But most often, we find one or two things we love, and order them. We sit with the sales rep, pour glass after glass, swirling, smelling, and of course, tasting.

So if you just happen to find yourself in our area on a Friday, and perhaps stop by the shop and just mention that you're a huge fan of our blog, and us...perhaps we'll let you sit in!

--Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment